Who are we?

My photo
Lakeland, Florida, United States
We are Tim (Dad), Krisy (Mom), Delaney (7), Greyson (2), and Owen (1).

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Scottish Post #1

Having safely arrived, it only took us a week to have good access to internet. I am now in the main University Library, 4th floor, with a slightly dirty window to my right. I see old buildings. In fact, I live in an old building.

Krisy had her 2nd day of work today. Delaney and I spent time at the park - a lot of time at the park. Fortunately, we found a daycare that is state run that will take Delaney for a few hours in the morning for free so that Krisy can work and I can study and go to appointments with my supervisor in the School of Divinity. I am looking for a weekend job so if you read this, pray for that.

The transition has been hard to say the least. But things seem to be falling into line. We now have phone, TV (after purchasing a $250 TV license, that is) and Krisy has a job. The shower quit working yesterday, so we have been taking baths. I either feel like a five year old or a cowboy in after a week on the range when I take a bath. We are definitely shower people. But I digress. Things are well.

They are painting the front of our apartment complex, which means we have men on scaffolding screaming obscenities in Scottish accents from about 8am on. I do not like that. In fact, that is what Delaney said about it: "I do not like that."

I am sure there wil be more frequent updates now that I have a username and password to use the internet. We will keep you posted.

In Christ,

Tim

2 comments:

JonathanRBrooks said...

It is great for your voice to be echoing in the blogosphere once again! We are praying for you. So, a license for a TV, that's strange! Did you have to take a test to get it, like showing how well you could see the buttons on the remote. Perhaps they even test you on the rating system. Or, then again, maybe it is just a government money making scheme. Which could it be . . .

Kim said...

Tim, I am Jonathan's sister-in-law. I praise God for getting you and your family safely to Scotland. I can relate as to what a difference your surroundings are. In college, I traveled to the UK for three weeks and spent two days in Edinburgh. It was kind of Twilight Zone (they speak English but not like you've heard before) and kind of like a fairy tale land (little tea shops and sheep everywhere -- take the train down to York, you'll see them!!). I will be praying for your job search and for you and Krisy to find close, Christian friends. The tour of Edinburgh castle is cool; look for the stained glass window of William Wallace (i.e. Braveheart).