Who are we?

My photo
Lakeland, Florida, United States
We are Tim (Dad), Krisy (Mom), Delaney (7), Greyson (2), and Owen (1).

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Warning: Part 2

In my last post I suggested reading AJ Jacob's Book, Know It All.
Currently in my reading I would say the book hovers around a PG to PG-13 rating. Thus I would say, proceed with caution, if you read it at all. I honestly will probably finish it, but I wanted to be clear in my warning. Each article can be judged by its own merits. The heading will usually let you know if you want to read that section.

I am enjoying the discussion regarding the difference between knowledge and intelligence. He seems to be heading to the conclusion that no amount of knowledge alone is beneficial unless it is digested critically. But I am not there yet. His little anecdotes are entertaining and his transparency is refreshing. He admits his insecurity and pride in the task. Anyway, just wanted to be clear that this may not be for everyone. If your conscience will not let you read beyond the sophomoric tangents he slides into, if the actual "point" is not compelling enough for you to wade through the mess, use your money to buy something else.

Tim

1 comment:

JonathanRBrooks said...

Thanks for the warning, but I think I might go for it anyway!