Who are we?

My photo
Lakeland, Florida, United States
We are Tim (Dad), Krisy (Mom), Delaney (7), Greyson (2), and Owen (1).

Saturday, May 19, 2007

The Job Begins...


I had training for my job on Thursday and Friday. Things went well. Nice people. Nice environment. Good pay. Lots of coffee. Lots of people...who are ten years younger than me! I was the only one there with convincing facial hair and I was the only one there who had a shirt tucked in. Part of the introductions included us sharing our greatest accomplishment. I was near the end. Most everyone said, "I just took a really hard physics exam..." It came to me and I said, "My wife and daughter."

Having said that, it is going to be a great summer job. Each day will be unlike the one before. I am essentially a concierge for the commercial properties owned by the university. I help people get taxis, find them places to eat, deal with their complaints, get them on the right bus, get them to their rooms, etc... I have to wear a black dress shirt, black trousers (pants means something different here), black shoes, and the stunning name tag you see above.

They say it is always hectic but rarely stressful. We'll see. I am looking forward to my first shift which is next Friday. Between now and then we have to move to our new apartment on Wednesday. I hope to post a lot of pictures once we get settled in.
Tim

1 comment:

Lori said...

Congratulations old man!