Who are we?

My photo
Lakeland, Florida, United States
We are Tim (Dad), Krisy (Mom), Delaney (7), Greyson (2), and Owen (1).

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Packing Peanuts

Yesterday I received a shipment of books. I have long been waiting for a copy of Post-Reformation Reformed Dogmatics by Richard Muller. They finally arrived yesterday. They are helpful books in my dissertation research and just in gaining theological understanding. But to Delaney's delight, the box was also full of packing peanuts. So this fine Saturday morning we decided to make the most of them before we threw them away.

I was somewhat proud of my elephant.


Delaney went with a snail, of course. A very cute little snail, by the way.

From her post at the counter (She was making chicken and corn chowder for our supper tonight...yes, she is amazing) Krisy commissioned a flamingo which Delaney and I worked on together. Delaney put the finishing touches on as well: notice the placement of the eyes.

Just a bit of silliness, really.

Krisy said, "Make a silly face." Our choices were similar.

After the little craft time we cleaned up. We are just about to head out for the day. We'll talk to ya'll on Monday.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pen Pal! Thank you, I love you I miss you! Pen Pal! Pen Pal and friends! These are random shouts from Morgan while looking at the pictures. I promise she really is smart!

Bridges said...

Thats hilarious! Delaney involves Morgan in almost everything she plays with. Her dolls are named "Morgan." She sees "Morgan" at the park, etc... You'd think it would be really sad, but it actually comes across as just really sweet.

"Pen Pal and Friends!"

Anonymous said...

You guys are so silly! Very good use of the packing peanuts! I have tried to think of something fun to send you all-- I never thought of sending packing peanuts! haha.

That's so exciting about the Equiano book. I too would like to read his book.

Bridges said...

Lori,

I am going to post some thoughts on the Equiano book when I am done (I hope to finish reading it tonight, Lord willing). It is a cross between a slave narrative, like that of Frederick Douglas, and a spiritual autobiography, like Bunyan's Grace Abounding. I think you would really like it.

Tim

Joe said...

Hope nobody has a peanut allergy.