Who are we?

My photo
Lakeland, Florida, United States
We are Tim (Dad), Krisy (Mom), Delaney (7), Greyson (2), and Owen (1).

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

300 posts ago...

We knew this day would come. This marks the 300th post here on Band of Bridges. I wanted this to be like an Oprah special when she gets celebrities to congratulate her on her grand achievements:

"Hi Oprah! Yep its Robert Redford here. I want to congratulate you for helping America celebrate their secret, real, genuine, soul-self. And the cars. The cars are great. I know I owe my best-life glad-spirit to your show. I love you to a Million Little Pieces."

But I am not going to be that self-congratulatory (even if I have contributed to all of your best-life glad-spirits). No, I think this will just be a simple post about my great achievement.

Over these last several years (just over one year to be exact) we have walked this journey together. You have walked in my footsteps and I have stopped to watch you tripping in their greatness. Sure, I have had to explain some big words at times. But don't worry. I learn new things from myself also. To commemorate this stupendous event, I've composed a song that will be a huge hit:

(Cue harmonica)

Verse 1
And I Never thought I could blog this way
And as far as I'm concerned, I bet you all would like to say
That "we do believe we love you
And Tim, if you should ever go away
We'll just close our eyes and try to feel the way we do today"
Don't worry I'll keep bloggin'....

Chorus
Keep readin' Keep checkin' Knowin' you can comment if you want
for sure
that's what my blog's for
In good posts
And great posts
You'll admire me still more and more...
(Let me tell ya' darlin')
That's what my blog's for!!!!

(harmonica with a vengeance here)

Verse 2
Well now you clicked and learned from me
And now there's so much more you can see
Oh, but there's no need to thank me....
Ohhh and then
My posts may be far apart
But thats to be expected because, as I'm sure you will agree, this is art (freestyle section)
These words are comming from my heart
And then if you can't remember....Ohhhhh

(Bridge: harmonica like its 1999 here)

(Repeat chorus 3x)

(Me talking)Mmmhmm thats what my blog's for; mmmhmm yea

(Harmonica like its on and poppin' here, but keep the feelin'...then fade)



I know. "Wow". But I would think that's what you've come to expect over these last 299 posts. As I gaze ahead to the 300 future posts that will probably come if I have time, I know we will continue to live together and learn...from me.

Tim
The Arch-Blogger

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

300 WOW! Thank you for encouraging my heart to dance to the beautiul music of life, Tim, you truly are a champion of things.
Oprah

Tracey said...

Oh great, now I have Dionne Warwick in my head....

Bridges said...

Dear Oprah,

What I loved about your comment is that you appreciate my humility. I was really hoping you would notice that.

Ever since your month-long series, 'Humility: Openning the door to a spiritual colon' I have aspired to be humble in everything that I say about myself.

By the way, I hope my new book 'Remember Me?: 174 Things I Wish People Knew About Me' will make it into your club. People need to know!

Ginnie said...

Looking forward to 300 more humble posts in the future!

Joe said...

What key is that in?

Anonymous said...

Ah, sweet humility!
Jo

Anonymous said...

Tim,

Word on the street is that Oprah will retire soon, but we know that she is afriad of the competition. A blog today; the world tommorrow. Yeah Yeah!

Bridges said...

Shane,

My lawyer tells me that I should say I have no desire to unseat Oprah. I refuse to let her flame be dimmed simply because mine is so very bright.

I will always love Oprah. She is the soul-wind beneath my life-wings.

As the saying goes, if you say that I am tall, it is because I am standing on the shoulders of giants that I inspired. I probably couldn't have done this alone.

Thank you all for your kind comments. I am humbled by your idolatry of me.

Bridges said...

Joe,

It is in the key of G. However, if you are planning to set it to a choral arrangement for any kind of celebration (wink), you should probably modulate after the second harmonica solo. Thats how I continuously hear it in my mind.

Tim

Anonymous said...

It's great to see that humility runs in the family. This is almost as perfect as something I would have done. Had you set it to the tune of Devo's "Whip It" you would have been on par with me. One day grasshopper.

Kev