Who are we?

My photo
Lakeland, Florida, United States
We are Tim (Dad), Krisy (Mom), Delaney (7), Greyson (2), and Owen (1).

Friday, October 26, 2007

New Features: Polls and Books

I have decided to try a new feature on the blog. On the left hand side there is now a 'poll'. I started with what is on our mind right now. I will try to change the question once a week and then publish the result of the poll (although, I think you'll be able to get the running total by just clicking on 'view results').

Ok, let us know what you think at this early stage: boy or girl? The votes are anonymous, so no one will know when you are wrong:)

Also, the left sidebar is also now equipped with our recent book conquests. This is done for two reasons. One, because I wanted something else in the sidebar. Two, because it gives me a sense of accomplishment when I finish a book to brag to people that I have read it.

All kidding aside, it is just a little mental game I am playing to encourage us to read intentionally, not just accidentally. My next essay will be on 'Reading' and should be posted within the next year or three. This blog element is part of the process of writing the essay.

See ya.

3 comments:

Tim Lett said...

I cast a vote for a man-child.

Christy said...

I'm excited to see you're reading Harry Potter! We're big fans!

Bridges said...

Tim,

It definitely looks like boy is the popular choice so far!

Christy,

Yes, I am loving the books. I have read the first five just in the last six weeks. I just bought #6 today. I'll be on the Hogwarts Express by evening, I imagine.

Tim