Who are we?

My photo
Lakeland, Florida, United States
We are Tim (Dad), Krisy (Mom), Delaney (7), Greyson (2), and Owen (1).

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The boy in blue

I am a little distracted today. Tomorrow I meet with my supervisor to discuss my second chapter. I am a little worried about it because I have actually gone ahead and completed chapter 3 and am now working on chapter 4. But I hope to incorporate any feedback I get without rendering the later work useless. But still, I am a little apprehensive.

So, after spending this morning in the National Library of Scotland, I am now posting (see below for today's first post about Alan and Becky's care package).

This post is a message from Greyson about his cute little outfit (or at least we think so):

'Hi. My name is Greyson. I am a good natured young chap. I like to think I get along with my peers and I respect and love my parents. Why then, pray tell, would the parents whom I love put me in an outfit that will only result in scorn from my peers? Haven't they seen The Christmas Story where Ralphie has to put on that pink bunny outfit, and how upset he was? I will grant you that this outfit it blue, befitting my gender. But still, can you see the ears on this thing?'
'In fact, the more I think on it, the more upset I get. I mean, I can't do much for myself. My fine motor skills are scant and I have not yet mastered my digestive system. It is a bad combination. Also, I sleep in a basket - yet I am neither fruit nor Easter Egg. What gives, Mama and Daddy? Jochabed had good reason for putting Moses in one of these. IT WAS AN ESCAPE POD - NOT A COMFY SPOT FOR BABY. Do you imagine that I will need to be flung among the bullrushes at a moment's notice? I want a bed. A proper bed like yours. Also, I want to be dressed in a simple knit shirt or overalls. I will wear a tie to church, but no 'cute little sport coat'. And if you put sunglasses on me, I will intentionally develop colic. Your comfortable little bed won't be so comfortable then, will it? As uncomfortable as it might become, at least you don't wake up with wicker imprints on your forehead.'
'THIS OUTFIT MAKES ME LOOK CRAZY! I just can't stand it any more. I am going to keep crying until you take it off of me. Where is my tank top that says, 'One Tough Customer' or the onsie that calls me a 'Little Camper with Marshmallow Mania'? I don't even know what that means, but it is beter than this! You keep saying it is so cute, but you seem to prefer jeans and shirts for yourself. Lets trade.'
Fine. I'll sleep for now. But when I wake up, we're gonna talk about this. We are at least going to have a 'No Ears' rule for my clothes. Night Night.'

2 comments:

Ginnie said...

Greyson,
I agree with your mom and dad. . . the outfit is adorable even with the ears. In years to come you will appreciate your parents wisdom. Always remember to honor and obey your parents.

Tim,
Loved this post. I so needed a laugh today!

Anonymous said...

I love this post. I especially like the feet in the last picture. I think he needs a Lulu hug.
Lulu