I have lived 11,670 days. Some were better than others. I would not rank today very high on the list. Nothing really bad happened. In fact, some good things happened. And, in light of the goodness of God and His kind providence in my life, this day can only be called good.
But you know what I mean. Some days, you feel the wind in your sails. Other days, you feel spit in the wind. It is very windy in Edinburgh, so both are exaggerated.
Today I had to visit the registrar to hand in some documents for my student loans. This is already a touchy subject for me. We were able to fund my first two years of tuition 'out of pocket'. But now that our life savings, wordly possessions, and Delaney's piggy bank (not really, Mom) have gone gently into that good night, we are seeking the aid of the US Federal Government. I am not happy about this. But it must be done.
The visit did not go well. I am harboring a theory that some offices recruit smug people. After visiting the registry today, the theory has become something of a manifesto. I could give you a laundry list of bewildering comments made from the other side of the counter, but this one should sum it up: 'You know, we have a website'. Here is my position. If I am spending my life savings, all of my worldly possessions, and my daughter's piggy bank (its hyperbole, Mom), then Fiona behind the counter can be bothered to summarize the website for me. I'm all for web-based resources. But I walked in the rain to get here, people.
The upside of the day was that I had a very positive meeting with my supervisor. She said things were moving in the right direction and that I should feel encouraged. I do.
After the registry and the meeting, I spent some time in the library and then made the walk home. Krisy and the fam took the train to Livingston today to spend some time with friends from church. Thus, I had no excuse to avoid doing more school work. I opened my book bag and pulled out my computer.
Something was dripping from it.
I yanked out the new forms which registry had reluctantly unearthed for me. Something was dripping from them as well. I pulled out a library book. Phew, not a drip. But the chapters I received from my supervisor? Drip, drip.
I deduced that there must be something wet in my bag. Since it was red, I further deduced that it was not rain. Plunging my hand into the depths of the unknown, I delivered a zip-lock bag full of squa-wooshed grapes. The grape gore filled the recesses of my backpack.
We put those grapes in there like 2 weeks ago. Potent.
Lets just put this day behind us, I say.
1 comment:
Aren't you glad His mercies are new every morning? :)
Post a Comment