Who are we?

My photo
Lakeland, Florida, United States
We are Tim (Dad), Krisy (Mom), Delaney (7), Greyson (2), and Owen (1).

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sermon Wordle

I have the joy of preaching at Charlotte Chapel (our church) tonight. Since we are taking a break from both series (Acts and I Peter) for the summer the pastor said I could just choose any text I wanted.

When given that chance, I usually focus on a Psalm. Since they are somewhat self-contained texts (poems), it makes setting the context a little easier. Also, I just love digging into the psalms. I chose Psalm 51. Perhaps the most recognizable verse is 'Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me...' I titled the message 'A Change of Heart' and I am praying for the Lord to move among His people.

Since I have been using wordle a lot lately, I thought I'd put my sermon notes into it as an unusual way to measure the content. Here is the result (click to enlarge):





I was a little glad to see that certain words did not dominate (i.e. I, me, opinion, story, etc...). I was also encouraged to see that certain words did dominate (God, heart, Christ, sin, etc...)

I can only pray that after the sermon, the peopl are left with thinking about the dominant words.

No comments: