
Tonight we had to do some shopping. So we all had to board the bus at about 3:00pm and go to the local shopping center called Cameron Toll. I needed shoes because the bottoms of mine have split completely accross leaving my feet exposed to the elements. Delaney NEEDED a belt. I am not kidding, the other night in Blockbuster, I turned around and her jeans were around her ankles and she was saying "Help Daddy!" This is a problem that snuck up on us.
Anyway, we all were standing at the bus stop. As our bus came, I went ahead to pay the man and Krisy noticed that Delaney ran up the sidewalk a little. Krisy said, "Get back here, we are getting on the bus." Then Delaney supplied the funniest rejoinder I have heard in a long time:
"But Mommy, I gotta catch a pigeon for our supper!!!!"
Get this picture in your head. A dad with split shoes and a 3-year old child (with no belt) hunting pigeons to feed the family. We laughed very hard about that.
Actually we ate at Burger King for supper, which by any account is better than a pigeon. Pigeons are fattening.
Tim
3 comments:
Clark: [a squirrel is loose in the house] Where is Eddie? He usually eats these things.
Catherine: Not recently, Clark, he read that squirrels were high in cholesterol.
Nice :)
While we're at it I'll do my favorite line from Christmas Vacation:
[wife]"What are you doing Sparky?"
[Clark]"Oh, just looking at the majesty of a winter's morn, and some idiot pouring raw sewage into our storm drain."
That is a slight paraphrase, but it still makes me laugh just to type it.
It's a classic.
Post a Comment