This one was taken this morning when she had a "spot of tea" after breakfast.
After supper tonight, we had some tea and some of Krisy's home made chocolate chip cookies. We are the only people in the UK that have a tea party with cold tea. We just poured what was left of the iced tea from supper into the tea pot. Notice in the background there is some of Delaney's artwork. The one in the lower left is a snail. She likes snails.
Delaney absolutely loved this part.
MMMM...cookies.
MMMMM...more cookies.It was funny, we took a page from Jane Austin (though we just made stuff up) and took very English names for the party. Delaney was Ms. Ferryweather. I was Mr. Haveshim. Krisy was Ms. Mamatonk (Delaney chose that one for her) the very interesting visiting friend from Germany. It was at this point that I was acutely aware of that I was the only guy in the house.
3 comments:
One might have thought the ballerina post below would have been a reminder that you were the only guy! haha. So cute! I used to love to play tea party with my actual tea set. Hannah and Delaney are so much alike. They would have so much fun playing together now.
Sorry to delete the previous post. I'm an idiot and misspelled something. This bothers me immensely. Gosh I hope I spelled that right. Now I am filled with self doubt.
Anyway, I wanted to say that tea parties of that nature are so much fun. My Emma (that makes my story more Jane Austen-y than yours) got her first real tea set at about the same age. We all took on flower names such as Mrs. Honeysuckle and spoke with English accents.
- Christy
Post a Comment