Recently I have come to realize something: I am going bald. For a long time now I have worn my hair very short and told myself that if I wanted to I could grow it out and have kind of a "Hugh Grant in Notting Hill" look. That, dear friends, will never happen. I have gone without a haircut for over a month and things are not filling in as I had hoped. Tonight I asked Krisy if she would take a picture of my balding head so I could face up to it. She agreed...all too quickly...and with a certain glimmer in her eyes...and she was laughing.
I should point out that the receding side is not the side I have parted my hair on in the past. So it is not just that my hair is brushed to one side. Nor will hair brush from the other side to cover it up. It is just turning loose. As Krisy said this evening as we were celebrating our six month anniversary in Scotland as a family, "Its like your hair has gotten really bad just in the last two weeks." (she was not as blunt as that reads) It was then that I stopped kidding myself that someone would mistake me for Hugh. Perhaps if I stumble over all of my words and glance up constantly with a sheepish grin...no not even that will help.
I am ok with it. But I think I am going to end the 'grow out' soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment