I am a bit of a movie buff. As such, I have discovered a few trends in movies that I find interesting. Others may have noticed these, but I just think they are funny.
Tom Cruise runs in every movie he is in. Usually about 2/3 of the way through.
Mel Gibson plays a widower in Lethal Weapon, The Mad Max series, Braveheart, the Patriot, and Signs.
George Clooney plays someone who just got out of prison in Oceans 11 (12, 13), Oh Brother Where Art Thou, and That movie he was in with Jennifer Lopez. He was also in two different TV shows called ER (one was a sitcom, the other obviously not).
Three of the greatest agents in entertainment are Jason Bourne, James Bond, and Jack Bauer. Do you see a pattern in their initials?
I don't even want to list the movies that Morgan Freeman has narrated ("My friend Andy Dufrene always said geology was the study of pressure and time" etc..., etc..., etc....).
I'm just sayin'.
Any further observations (not about me being strange)?
4 comments:
Don't forget the ubiquitous 'Mel-Gibson-in-severe-pain-oh!-he-might-just-die!" scene: bulging eyes, blank stare, grit teeth, grunting noise, etc. etc.
You forgot the 4th great J.B. secret agent . . . Jonathan Brooks. Haha. Remember the story about the man in Target calling him about the Delta Corp? I still think that was his secret invite! Haha.
Also, Sandra Bullock always plays the same character--a distressed, panicked, disheveled woman whose life is a mess. Speed, The Net, While You Were Sleeping, Speed 2, Hope Floats, Miss Congeniality, 28 Hours, Crash, Premonition . . . you get the picture.
Yes, Jonathan strikes me as someone who is secretly protecting national security. I once overheard him calling in a 'chopper' to secure some 'hostiles' back at 'CTU'. Or that's what I thought I heard. Turns out he was complaining about a 'Whopper' that made me 'hostile' when I got 'CMV'. But still.
Great Mel Gibson and Sandra Bullock observations.
I think he is done making movies now so we are all safe from the ubiquitous Jean Claude Van Damme derriere shot.
Kev
Post a Comment