Who are we?

My photo
Lakeland, Florida, United States
We are Tim (Dad), Krisy (Mom), Delaney (7), Greyson (2), and Owen (1).

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Preaching

Since I had a few minutes (Krisy is busy and Delaney is watching Finding Nemo) I thought I would post a quick one on where I preached today. It is called Mayfield Salisbury Parish Church and is about a mile away from our home.

Don't be impressed by the size of the building. I was not preaching to the main congregation. I met in the back of the building in a small multi-purpose room with about 20 English-speaking Chinese young adults (about 18-25 years old) for their Sunday worship. We met at about 1:30 in the afternoon.

We had a great time of worship with contemporary praise and worship mixed in with the Apostles Creed. It was a treat. I preached on one of my favorite texts: Psalm 73:25-26 ("Whom have I in Heaven but you and there is no one on earth that I desire besides you. My heart and flesh fail, But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.") It was a good day.

Obviously I was able to finish my sermon! I am also about two pages ahead of my goal for the week in writing. I am praying that this coming week will be my most productive yet. Please pray toward that end.

By the way, sorry for the quality of the picture, it is from their website. I took my camera, but the battery was when I tried to take the picture.

Tim

No comments: