Who are we?

My photo
Lakeland, Florida, United States
We are Tim (Dad), Krisy (Mom), Delaney (7), Greyson (2), and Owen (1).

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

An approaching Quest

As I mentioned in the last post, I am leaving for Ipswich this Sunday. Four solid days of nothing but research and snack food. In all honesty, I am already wanting to be back. But I will make the best of it. I will set out on a train from Waverly Station in Edinburgh to Peterborough. There I have 6 minutes to change to a train bound for Ipswich. I will be staying at the same hotel that I visited last time in Ipswich. It was close enough to the library and had a great breakfast included in the room price (bacon, sausage, eggs, toast, haggis, coffee, etc...). There is a small cafe right around the corner for supper and there is a Blockbuster and a grocery store across the street. For a walking man, this is ideal.

Ipswich is interesting. Almost all of the pedestrian crossings in major areas are under ground. On my first visit I was frustrated that there seemed to be no easy way to cross intersections. There were major barriers preventing this. Then I saw a sign for the crossing....pointing downstairs. 'When in Ipswich, cross as Ipswichians cross' I always say.

Should be a pretty good trip. I hope to post pictures.



View Larger Map

2 comments:

Lori said...

Happy travels!

Anonymous said...

Can you get a better shot of that crazy picture at the hotel? I really want to know what they are doing to that chicken.

Kev