Well I am sufficiently intimidated. I met with my supervising professor today and she was wonderful. Very warm and welcoming, also brilliant. She immediately gave me things to work on before we meet again on Friday. I have been given 2 books on my topic and told to join the National Library system. Well, I have joined the Library and I am set to begin reading the books tonight. But first, we have a party to go to.
Tonight we are going to a ceilidh (pronounced kay-lee) put on by the School of Divinity. It is a gaelic word meaning "gathering". There will be dancing and food, fun, etc... We were told that it is like a barn dance in the States. Still, not a lot of help to me, but I get the idea. Instead of square dancing we will be doing traditional Scottish dances. The promise of a live band makes me look forward to this.
My sincere hope is that we will have many pictures to post come tomorrow. Krisy, Delaney, and I are all going. There should be much to report.
No comments:
Post a Comment