Who are we?

My photo
Lakeland, Florida, United States
We are Tim (Dad), Krisy (Mom), Delaney (7), Greyson (2), and Owen (1).

Friday, September 22, 2006

A More Positive Update (Romans 8:28)

Many of you have called, commented, and sent e-mails regarding my last post on frustration. I am fine! I was just describing the lows and clearly as the highs. I should give an update. First of all, Romans 8:28 is just as true now as it ever has been. God is at work according to His meticulous providence to fashion me and our family into what we should be. I know that all of the little difficulties are just that, little difficulties.

Second, there has been great progress. My card works in all doors now. The stern woman even saw me get in the door and congratulated me. I start in a Latin class Monday. The professor who told me "no" actually turned out to be pretty cool. She checked around on how I could get in the class and sent several e-mails telling me how to keep up with the class until I could get in. She even checked to make sure it would not cost me anything extra, since I have to formally register for the class instead of just "sitting in" as I had hoped. That means I will have to take quizzes, tests, and take the final exam in December. I thought those days were over, but I need the discipline of taking the class in a more formal setting. Now I wish I had paid more attention when I took Latin in High School (Sorry Mrs. Shelton! I remember she tried to get me to minor in Latin in college - she said it would pay off eventually. I rolled my eyes then, but turns out she was right.)

We have had beautiful days, so walking back and forth to School has been easier. Still no progress on the job front. However, a lot of my collegues (what they call fellow students) say there is no way I can work, take two new languages, and get a PhD on John Calvin, and be done in three years. Perhaps God is telling me something through all of that. I have now applied to a dozen jobs, and nothing has worked out. That is not a good boost to the ego! I am starting to think that in this secular culture, saying I was a pastor does not help me in getting a job. I am not crying foul, but 12 applications? My goodness!

Anyway, things are exponentially better. I am excited about my studies and we are really getting into a flow. Thank you all for praying. We are doing great and trusting Romans 8:28.

Love,

Tim

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Tim have you thought about going to rummage shops and other old stuff outlets and finding things to re-sell on ebay? Vance did that when he was living in Iceland and was able to make quite a bit of money. If he can sell a book of icelandic beatles music, I'm sure you can do it. It is a job you can do anytime and there are lots of old things in Scotland. Books seem to be a big seller and don't require much storage space.