Who are we?

My photo
Lakeland, Florida, United States
We are Tim (Dad), Krisy (Mom), Delaney (7), Greyson (2), and Owen (1).

Thursday, December 07, 2006

A Happy Report

Just a little bit of good news on the academic front. A week ago I applied for a research assistant position on a study being done by Oxford University on the nature of theology and religious studies. Well I got an e-mail today and they offered the position to me. Very cool.

Now, it is not that big of a deal. I have to organize one meeting of 20 postgraduate students here in Edinburgh, perform a survey/interview with them, mail the head of the study a digital recording of the meeting, and write a 1000+ word summary of the findings. As an added bonus, I get to keep the digital recorder as my compensation.

The benefit of this position is obviously not in monetary gain, but in experience in research and I get to have "Research Assistant" on a fully funded, Oxford University study on my resume. Honestly, I have never cared one bit about my resume in the past. But with academic employment on the horizon, I need as much help as I can get.

It also helps that the study is actually very interesting to me. Anyway, just wanted to share that bit of good news. The Lord is blessing our efforts here.

Tim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful news! God has many more great things in store for you as you remain faithful.