Who are we?

My photo
Lakeland, Florida, United States
We are Tim (Dad), Krisy (Mom), Delaney (7), Greyson (2), and Owen (1).

Monday, December 04, 2006

Midnight Jello Blues

It is not often that something wakes you up, and you smile about it. But Delaney provided just that experience in the middle of the night last night.

The wind was howling almost as bad as a minor hurricane last night. Windows shaking, etc... It was cold and blustery and rainy. But our little flat is warm and cozy and we were all tucked into our beds. It was about 3 a.m. I woke to the sound of the rattling window just three feet from my face. After about 2 minutes of trying to get back to sleep, I heard Delaney's very sweet voice singin' the blues in her bedroom. It was quite possibly the funniest thing I have heard in recent memory (It sounded like the blues, so read it that way).

"OOOOOOOhhhhhh yeah.
My mama made me some Jelloooooooo!!!!
But she said it won't be ready 'till mornin'
MMMMM, it was GRAAAAAAAPE!
But I can't eat it yet."

Then she just drifted back to sleep. And I, laughed very hard to myself. Delaney loves to make up songs, I think I have said that before. But last night there was a style to it. It was hilarious!

Obviously, the inspiration came from last night when Krisy made grape jello and said we could not eat it until morning (or afternoon as it will turn out to be when we actually eat it.) I don't know if Krisy heard it or not. In the rush to get ready for school and work this morning we did not talk about it. But while I had a minute I wanted to post it while I remembered the words.

1 comment:

aunt paula said...

I have been craving grape jello ever since I read this blog...I wish I had someone to sing the blues to me while I eat it. She is so adorable, and tell Krisy she looks really good with that paint brush and I know she is the best at everything she does.