So today after church my friend Chris and I went to a local bookstore to look around. Nice and leisurely. We were talking about the morning's sermon, disagreeing with Kant, admiring Edwards and mentioning terms like 'the Hegelian dialectic'. It was a really good afternoon.
Then the phone rang.
Krisy was on the phone telling me that someone called from work to say that I was supposed to be at work....two hours ago. This shocked me because I did not agree to work today (I worked yesterday and I work next Saturday, but this shift was a surprise to me). I work on an 'hours to be notified' basis, which means my employer sends e-mails to the staff and asks us to sign up for hours. First come, first served. I have no recollection of signing up to work today.
There was no time to argue the point, so here I sit. I am now at work on a Sunday night, which I had hoped to spend at home with Krisy and Delaney since I was gone all week and I worked yesterday. Alas. Something tells me an unforseen expense is on the horizon and this shift is going to cover it.
Oh, well. Things are quiet.
No comments:
Post a Comment