(Formatting is off on this post. Sorry) There have been a few posts I have been meaning to make, but events have prevented them. So I am cutting them down and including them in this post.
(First and Second Pictures) Recently Krisy taught Delaney to crack eggs for cooking. The kid was a natural! Krisy showed her twice and then these pictures were taken. The morning after these pictures were taken, Krisy jokingly said she was going to teach Delaney crack one with one hand for scrambled eggs....and Delaney did it. There may be a cooking show in our future. Is culinary school cheaper than, say, most other courses? Just checkin'.

(First and Second Pictures) Recently Krisy taught Delaney to crack eggs for cooking. The kid was a natural! Krisy showed her twice and then these pictures were taken. The morning after these pictures were taken, Krisy jokingly said she was going to teach Delaney crack one with one hand for scrambled eggs....and Delaney did it. There may be a cooking show in our future. Is culinary school cheaper than, say, most other courses? Just checkin'.
(Fourth and Fifth pictures) We have received some very nice gifts from friends and co-workers. Our friends Chris and Kim gave us some little 'Wellies' for the little man's rain gear. I put my hand in the shot so you could get an idea of just how small they are.
One of Krisy's co-workers made the little sweater.
Krisy's last day of work was Thursday. She had been working on a short contract as a receptionist in a radiology department. Wednesday night I joked with Krisy saying, 'I bet they are preparing a big going away party for you'. Krisy laughed and said that they really didn't do that kind of thing where she worked. She went to her last day of work, and the shift was going as normal. At 10am she went for her morning break, with her traditional yogurt and water in hand. When she walked in to the break room she noticed that there were more people in there than usual (she is normally by herself during her break). But as soon as Krisy entered the door, they all stood up and started clapping and cheering. They had planned a surprise party for her, complete with baby gifts!
Their department supervisor came and gave Krisy a watch, the ladies all gave something for the baby, they took up a cash donation for baby supplies (etc...), they had food and cake, the works man!
It is important to point out that Krisy had only worked there...for 6 MONTHS!!!!!! I don't have to tell those that know her, but she makes quite an impression on her co-workers and friends (and her hubby!). Her calm, quiet, and dedicated way of working really makes an impact. One of the doctors said if she was able to get the UK nursing license worked out (which we are not) then he wanted her to come and work in his department.
I read one of the cards they gave to her, given by a woman who is not a Christian. She simply wrote, 'I will miss you. You are a fine example of a Christian'. I thought that was powerful.
Well that is all for now. I pray that you all are able to rejoice in Christ this Easter. He is risen, and that is all joy.
No comments:
Post a Comment