Two things today:
The first was kind of sad. I picked Delaney up from school today and she looked a little upset. I asked her what the problem was and she said that a little boy had called her, and I quote, 'Mr. Bum Bum'. (I guess it packs more of a punch in the UK than it would in the US). My initial thought was to get to the bottom of it (no pun intended) by securing legal counsel and approaching the boy's parents to make sure this never, EVER, happened again:) But sensing this was not a lingering problem we walked on. When we got home she still looked sad. I asked again what the matter was and she said this: '___________ called me Mr. Bum Bum and....well I just don't want to talk about it'. I said she did not have to talk about it and just gave her a hug. This seemed to do the trick. At present she seems to have forgotten all sadness related to Mr. Bum Bum. We'll talk about silly little boys on the way to ballet today.
The second thing was pretty cool. Last night my Bible reading included chapters 20-24 of Luke (I am still on my quest to read through the NT twice this year). While reading I seemed to zero in on chapter 23 because I had never before noticed the information Luke gives about the relationship between Pilate and Herod. It was interesting. Well today, our associate pastor called to talk about the preaching course that he and I teach together. At the end of the conversation he said, 'One last thing, would you be able to speak for 5-10 minutes from Luke 23 at our Maundy Thursday Communion service next week?' The preaching team are dividing the sections up and taking turns preaching them during the night. I was honored just to be included, and then I rememered that the night before I had been reading that very chapter. I quickly said 'yes'. I love it when things like that happen.
1 comment:
1.Happy belated anniversary!
2.Boys are so mean!
3.God is so cool--no coincidences, only providences!
Post a Comment