Who are we?

My photo
Lakeland, Florida, United States
We are Tim (Dad), Krisy (Mom), Delaney (7), Greyson (2), and Owen (1).

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Tim Bridges: Actor


Just who is this 'Tim Bridges' anyway? Sure, he's a looker (Exibit A: picture on right). Granted, he's a singer of soulful ballads, a gallant defender of wildlife, and the picture of health. But what else do you discover when you peel back the onion to reveal even more odours of greatness?

You guessed it: thespian. Today I starred in a movie. A film crew showed up whilst I was working and begged me to be in their little picture. My role? 'The Receptionist'. Not 'Receptionist'....'THE Receptionist'. There is a difference.

I had a few lines and I could tell they admired my talents by how they refered to me as 'you' and 'that guy' and 'your name again?' They were trying to pretend they were not starstruck. Poor little dears. But what would you do if you heard me say, 'Hello! Just checking in?' with five DIFFERENT inflections (one for each take).

Its not every day that a man gets to star in an institution's educational video which will no doubt be seen by a dozen (bakers!) of soon to be fans. It won't be long before I get calls to star in info-mercials about comfort-socks: 'You know, in my job as receptionist and Actor these socks give me energy throughout the day'. That felt right. Lets keep that.

Well, I need to hit the craft services table. Krisy says it will be ready in about 5 minutes and I have to put the ice in the glasses. Anything for a fan.
Tim of Arabia

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the guild. I got my SAG card after starring in "It Pays To Know". A fantastic, thanks to me, HCC financial aid video. I am sure you were great please send a clip!
Deanna

Anonymous said...

It runs in the family...I once "starred" in a commercial for a popular periodical. Well, it was the junior high newspaper. And now that I think about it, it never saw the light of day. But on that day...I was a star.

Kyle

Tracey said...

Your expression displays a perfect cocktail of vanity and smugness. Acting? Hmmmm...

;-)

Bridges said...

Thank you, thank you all. Tracey, yes, I am particularly fond of my smug.

I would write more but the union only allows me to typ s mny lters n rspns to m fns.

TTFN,

TAB

Lori said...

This could be the end of your amateur stand up routines in the living rooms of friends! Can we get a copy of that mug shot for our fridge?

Bridges said...

Lori,

I am honored that you and Jonathan asked for 100 signed copies of my headshot to distribute to your friends and congressmen (I read between the lines; no need to be shy, you are our dear friends! All rights reserved).

I will humbly make my people forward your request in due course.

Tim

Anonymous said...

May I have your autograph?

Aunt Jo