Who are we?

My photo
Lakeland, Florida, United States
We are Tim (Dad), Krisy (Mom), Delaney (7), Greyson (2), and Owen (1).

Friday, April 06, 2007

Thoughts before a Blogging Break

From time to time I like to take a break from posting things on the blog so that it remains a fun thing to do. I do a lot of writing that is very serious and academic, so this blog is decidedly not that. So for the next few days (probably 'till late next week) I am on hiatus.


But on this Good Friday I did want to say that I pray you are all blessed. Easter weekend is always a special time of reflection on the Lord's sacrifice and triumph. I hope you are all rejoicing over that triumph on your behalf. While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. If we confess with our mouths that Jesus is Lord and believe in our hearts that God has raised him from the dead, we shall be saved. That is Good News.


_________________________________________________________


And a final thought before I take a break. Krisy and I laughed this morning at the instructions for Delaney's new scooter (a cheap deal from Toys R Us). We are going to have a picnic in the Meadows today and Delaney will be riding her scooter on the way there.


My two brothers and I have laughed at these kind of instructions before, so I am sure they will enjoy these selected excerpts (that, in the Spirit of Dave Barry, I am not making up):


1) "After use, please wipe the product with a mild detergent." (Sure thing)

2) "You must keep the scooter clean at all times." (Why this emphasis?)

3) "Clean scooter." (I think the manufacturers have issues from childhood)

4) "This product should be used for leisure purposes only." (Check. Wait, does bank robbing

count?)

5) "Do not use this product if you are drunk, sick, injured or are prone to heart problems."
(What exactly does this thing do? Who are the three year olds riding this thing?)

6) "Caution: since it involves great skill, avoid falls or collisions causing injury to the user and
third parties." (I do not know what that sentence means, exactly. Why the reminder about
skill?)

7) "Do not over-steer as this could cause you to fall off of the COSMIC LIGHT SCOOTER."
(Good to know).

8) "Kick backwards with your foot beside the scooter to give you motion." (Nope, I prefer to
hitch up to a team of stately unicorns. But thanks.)


Anyway, we are off to the park. Have a wonderful Easter. We'll talk to you next week.
Tim



No comments: