Who are we?

My photo
Lakeland, Florida, United States
We are Tim (Dad), Krisy (Mom), Delaney (7), Greyson (2), and Owen (1).

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Aunt Jo and Uncle Tom!!!!!

Today we got a really cool care package from home. Aunt Jo (My mom's sister) and Uncle Tom sent us what can only be described as a glorious care package. You may remember my cousin Alan (Jo and Tom's son, my cousin) and his wife Becky sent us a box that included 20 boxes of Fruity Pebbles. Well, Aunt Jo and Uncle Tom sent us some Lucky Charms and some Cap'n Crunch...with crunch berries, mind you.



As you can see there were other things as well. A magazine, some gum, and presents for the kids.

O Cap'n! My Cap'n!
(Digression: Doesn't this picture make you feel just the least bit sorry for Krisy? I mean, look at that. I would like to say that this was taken first thing in the morning, but that would be a lie. It was taken at about noon. Really, Tim. A razor and a hairbrush. We have been through this. How this ugly mug ended up with Krisy I'll never know. Here is what I had to offer: I am trained as a teacher, a musician, a preacher, and a would-be scholar (cha-Ching!!). But the good part was, I had a lot of student loans! There are my looks...but they peaked at about age 14. Glasses! A facination with Star Wars and a love of fine corn bread! Trivial pursuit prowess! Yep, the fact that I convinced Krisy to marry me says a lot about her optimism and my negotiating skills. And now back to the post...)

Greyson got some loot, too. Here we are told that he is a little firecracker. Too true.
Delaney got some jelly beans and some farm animals. Here she is eating both. Kidding! She loved the farm animals. The lady carrying the eggs (just beneath the bag in the picture)was a particular favorite
Greyson got a little caterpillar. We left it there until he woke up. He screamed and screamed. Good times. Seriously, he will enjoy playing with it (by that I mean chewing on it).

Today was a good day. Recently, we have been feeling the pressure of beginning a third year in a foreign country, finding the resources for a 3rd year of tuition, and generally feeling like we're just plugging along. Little touches from home like this really help us a lot.

Aunt Jo and Uncle Tom: you have both always been very supportive and encouraging to me and my family. This is just another in a long list of ways you have blessed our lives. Thank you very much! We love ya'll.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Hooray for Aunt Jo and Uncle Tom. The last time I kissed a box of Cap'n Crunch Crunch Berries cereal was when I was pregnant with Madeline--NICE!!!