Who are we?

My photo
Lakeland, Florida, United States
We are Tim (Dad), Krisy (Mom), Delaney (7), Greyson (2), and Owen (1).

Thursday, June 05, 2008

The way my brain works

Here is the conversation I had in my head as I was walking Delaney to school today:

1) Life is good. I don't go to work today. All I have to do is go back home, sit in my chair, and write part of chapter 4.
2) I do have to go to work tomorrow. This is technically a day off. But I should really sit in my chair and write part of chapter 4. Yep, thats what I'll do. It would be best.
3) Man, the only thing I get to do on my day off is sit in my chair and write part of chapter 4?
4) I hate chapter 4.
5) I cannot belive that the only thing I get to do on my day off is sit in my chair and write part of chapter 4!
6) Chapter 4, you'll rue the day you ever messed up my day off!!!
7) Yes, Chapter 4, I AM talkin' to you.
8) Pause.
9) Well, if I don't write part of chapter 4 today, then there will just be that much more to do on my next day off.
10) Actually, its not that bad. I mean, just sitting in a chair? Writing? Not so bad. I'll get a glass of coke. I'll fire up i-Tunes. I'll write four or five quality paragraphs. I'll make a point. I'll support it. I'll do footnotes. I'll feel better. Then I can relax tonight with no feelings of regret.
11) Ok, that settles it.
12) Life is good.
13) (Don't think that we are pals, Chapter 4. One false move and you'll get one in the eye.)

No comments: