Who are we?

My photo
Lakeland, Florida, United States
We are Tim (Dad), Krisy (Mom), Delaney (7), Greyson (2), and Owen (1).

Friday, June 13, 2008

Profiles in Passports

Yesterday was an interesting day. We stepped foot on American soil! By that I mean we had to visit the US Consulate in Edinburgh to report Greyson's birth, apply for a SS#, and apply for a passport. Yes, infants need passports. Yes, infants need to have passport photos as well. When I first heard that, I thought we were going to have to hold him up in front of the screen in a little photo booth. Not so. You can take your own pictures and then just have them printed out.

We took A LOT of pictures. Below is just a representative sample of the shots we took before we settled on one. (NB 1: the final product is not pictured here because, after all of this, the passport folks said that our photos were too small and that we would have to get them done at a shop to make sure they were right. Which we did; NB 2: Kevin, your case for the 'shape shifter' will find some strong evidence in these shots).

Here the little man is slightly amused by all of this.

Not sure what happened here, but glad it did.


"I am going to look out the window. I'll let you know when I am ready for my close up."
Here, he is less amused.
As this shot was taken, aliens locked us in their penetrating stunner rays. Greyson looks on with great interest, and more than a little resemblance.
Getting better.
Closer.
"It was a daaaaark and stooooormy night...."When you get to the point that the hands are still in the picture, you know things are getting bad. Fortunately, we did get some that were better than these. They were just good enough to pass our inspection but not good enough for the US government.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure the kid you have your hands on in the bottom picture is not grey diddy. How did he slide in there?
kev

Lori said...

CUTE!!! I especially like the "dark and stormy night" picture and the "looking out the window" picture-- I think it looks like he's doing a dramatic Latin dance!

Anonymous said...

These pictures are great!!! I especially like the alien encounter pic. That is one cute kid (the rest of your family is not bad either).
Kyle

Choate Family said...

I always laugh when I read your blog! We went through a similar process getting Katherine's passport last fall, and we also ended up with six of us standing in line at Walgreens for the little square pictures.

Grammy (Bev) said...

Ditto on your blog making me laugh:) In the "looking out the window" picture of Greyson he looks very much like Delaney. Very cute kiddos!