Who are we?

My photo
Lakeland, Florida, United States
We are Tim (Dad), Krisy (Mom), Delaney (7), Greyson (2), and Owen (1).

Thursday, October 12, 2006

A walk down the street

Tonight we made our once a week trip to Blockbuster. They have a great deal on renting old movies for a week so we use our entertainment budget for that. Anyway, I thought I would take some shots of the trip to give family and friends an idea of our surroundings.

If someone had told me a year ago that I would be posting a picture of someone crossing the street, I would have slapped them and asked them what gave them the right to barge into my house and start reading my palm!? Then they would say...Sorry, that intro got too detailed. Anyhoo, this is Krisy and Delaney crossing the street right in front of our apartment complex. To their left is Buccleuch (Buck-LEW) Street and to their right is Buccleuch Place (where many of you have been mailing stuff). Notice how Delaney is in the lead and pointing things out.

Here we are further down the road. We are still on Buccleuch Street. In the distance, in the upper right corner of this picture is the steeple of Buccleuch Free Church, where I was on Sunday when Krisy brought Delaney for us to take her to the doctor. Notice also that the cars are refusing to drive on the correct side of the road.


Observe the nervous grin on Delaney's face and hand slightly outstretched. Krisy was holding on to her one second before this was taken. This wall marks the beginning of an area called the Meadows, a park just south of our apartment.

This is a blurry shot of the long path running through the Meadows. This is the path we walked up on our way back from Blockbuster, through the meadows, and to our home.

A wider shot of the Meadows. In the distance is Arthur's Seat. In the foreground, people playing football (soccer). It was a beautiful evening with clear skies and a crip cool air. It was a good walk.

I am so thankful for this technology that allows us to share our neighborhood with you. When some of you come to visit, parts of Scotland will look familiar to you! I am also thankful for how many of our friends have blogs and update them often. What a blessing to be able to keep up with everyone.

Things are still going well. The only problem we are facing is scheduling. Delaney's Daycare has random weeks off that do not coincide with my school breaks, so we are in a bit of a dilema. On the daycare calendar for Monday it says "Holiday," which we took to mean they were off on Monday. But come to find out, they are off on Monday and all week, and the following Monday. Krisy has not been working long enough to ask for a week off and we really do not know anyone well enough to feel comfortable asking them to keep Delaney for a week during the day. Many of the people we have met are wonderful, but the friendships are still a bit new for that kind of request.

It looks like I may have to drop my Latin class and just continue to study on my own, and then join a reading group next semester. Latin is the only fixed thing in my routine so I would then be available whenever Delaney had to be home. We trust it will all work out fine, we just have to be flexible and focused. We know God has it worked out.

More posts to come.

Tim




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How beautiful! I wish our society (USA) was more of a walking society. However, I would not want to walk where I was going in Clewiston, as I would need a shower upon arrival! It's still pretty hot here.

I love Delaney's rainboots and new outfit. She is looking too old! I still think of her in pigtails with a sippy cup in her hand.

Rebecca Jeffries-Hyman said...

I can't tell you how much I enjoyed reading about "Bucklew" Street!! Betcha didn't know I was Scottish....

- Christy Bucklew:)