We all got some new reading material for Christmas that we are excited about. Krisy is now reading Twelve Extraodinary Women by John MacArthur and seems to be enjoying it. She is also working on A Mom After God's Own Heart by Elizabeth George and really likes that one. My brother Kevin and his wife Deanna gave me a gift certificate to Amazon for Christmas and I used it to get Wayne Grudem's Systematic Theology. My parents also got me a helpful reference book called Meet the Puritans that is going to be an awesome resource for me in the coming year. These books have been welcome additions to our reading list.
There are other books in the mix, too. After wanting to for a long time I have started reading The Lord of the Rings books. All of this coupled with Krisy's addiction to Christian fiction (seriously, she can read an entire book in one sitting...it kills me. If she were in this PhD program we would be done by now. She can read, comprehend, and enjoy at a speed that would kill most mortals) should keep us occupied for a long time.
As for Delaney, she has a whole series of Berenstain Bears books to get through. Before Christmas, she had two of them: Moving Day (for obvious reasons) and The Truth. But Grammy got her about a dozen of them for Christmas. We kind of like reading them. It is definitely comforting to not be reading the same ones over and over.
Well, I think we are getting our noses out of books and heading outside for a little while today. Time to get out and breath some fresh air.
Tim
1 comment:
I'm glad you had a nice Christmas and that you are all starting to feel better. I have enjoyed catching up on your blog the last couple of days. Happy reading!!!
Post a Comment