Part of my duties in keeping her home are to put eye drops in every two hours or so. She does really well with it. But this morning, when I told her to lay down so I could put the drops in, she said this, and I am not kidding, "OK, Mr. Mom." Now, I know the reason she said it. Krisy always handles stuff like eye drops and medicines and creams and ointments and balms and lozenges -- you get the idea. But this morning, it was me.
So, while Delaney is playing with her cars I thought I would celebrate our 200th post with a movie that is somewhat similar to this strange period in our lives. I have included one of my favorite lines when the dad (Jack) is trying to talk his son (Kenny) out of using a security blanket (woobie).
"Jack Butler: I understand that you little guys start out with your woobies and you think they're great... and they are, they are terrific. But pretty soon, a woobie isn't enough. You're out on the street trying to score an electric blanket, or maybe a quilt. And the next thing you know, you're strung out on bedspreads Ken. That's serious."
A funny movie. There are not many similarities to our lives, of course. But this bizzare era in our lives when Krisy is going off to work and I am at home saying "Call me if you're going to be late!" makes for funny parallels with the movie. For example, when I was growing a beard a few months ago it reminded us of how the beard = homebound depression for Jack in the movie.
Just little funny things like that. But there is one striking difference. I pass my time by writing a dissertation and doing research projects, not by watching the Young and the Restless and playing cards with the girls. So, don't connect me too closely with the movie.
Just little funny things like that. But there is one striking difference. I pass my time by writing a dissertation and doing research projects, not by watching the Young and the Restless and playing cards with the girls. So, don't connect me too closely with the movie.
Anyway, here's hoping we have many more posts. Perhaps one day I will be able to post about my "memories" of this period, as I take a break from my full time job. I have to run. My "sick" child wants to play hide and seek. One, two, three.....
No comments:
Post a Comment