Delaney was upset when we dropped her off in Sunday School yesterday. Normally she just runs in and starts playing with the other kids until class starts. Not yesterday. Krisy and I alternate weeks (Krisy does it more than me) in walking her up the four flights of stairs to her Sunday School room called "The Discoverers." I made sure she had her little purse with her "money to put in the basket" and with a reassuring wink from the teacher to me, she began her time in Sunday School.
When we both picked her up she was laughing and playing as usual. After church we asked the normal questions about how Sunday School was. "Delaney, did you take the money out of your purse and put it in the basket?" "Yes, I did." Then she pointed her little finger at me and said, "But I was cryin' about you, Mister."
Sad, sweet, and funny all in one breath. That's talent.
Tim
No comments:
Post a Comment