Tonight I have a rare opportunity. I am going to a debate with some friends. This is no light weight or trivial debate. This is the good stuff. See the description below taken from the announcement:
A special debate between Alister McGrath, Professor of Historical Theology at Oxford University, author of "Dawkins’ God" and "The Dawkins Delusion", and Peter Atkins, Professor of Chemistry at Oxford University, well-known atheist, writer of Chemistry textbooks and supporter of Richard Dawkins. As seen on Channel 4's "The trouble with atheism". Tuesday March 13th, 6pm for 6.15 start.
The debate grew out of the recent controversy surrounding Richard Dawkins' book, The God Delusion. McGrath has challenged Dawkins to numerous debates but Dawkins has always refused. So McGrath will debate one of Dawkins' cohorts, whose views are virtually indistinguishable from Dawkins'.
It is personally interesting for me since I have a vested interest in the subject: I not only believe in God, but have dedicated my life to serving Him. Also, I have used McGrath's Reformation Thought textbook in the past and found it helpful, if a little off the mark at times (That was for you Shane!). It promises to be an exciting evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment