
Albrecht Durer's "Praying Hands" has become the international icon for earnest prayer. The things I am requesting prayer for are not earth shattering, but we would appreciate it none the less.
As you know, I have been looking for employment that will fit in with the requirements on my student visa and fit in with Delaney and Krisy's schedule; time to write the dissertation would be nice too. Day to day and month to month, we are fine financially. The Lord has blessed us with "supporters" that have been very generous and we are thankful. But it is the "big picture" items like tuition and the trip home in a couple of years that requires additional income. We are trying our absolute best to avoid student loans. So I have been on the job hunt once again. Yesterday I went to a job fair at accommodation services (questions, surveys, applications, talking to people, etc...) Well, while there I struck up a conversation with a lady who was recruiting for reception assistants (people who talk with students when they come in and find ways to meet their needs) in accommodation. The conversation went well and she invited me to go ahead and schedule an interview for next week. It is just a Summer Job (June-September), but the pay is great and the hours (evening shift) fit perfectly since I am allowed to work 40 hours per week in non-school term times.
I say all of that to ask you to pray for this situation. Not simply that I will "get the job" but that we would have the opportunity to support this dream of ours (school, being in Scotland, teaching one day) through employment.
Also, on a lighter note, it may be possible that we will be able to move out of the basement in the near future. Apartments are openning up and we may be able to reserve one in the more "family" type accommodation. We shall see. It would have to be a GREAT deal to convince me to move again right now. As small and somewhat uncomfortable as this apartment is, trying to move would be a monumental headache. Although, one of Krisy's co-workers did offer to drive a moving van if we decide to move. Sweet. I have not driven a car in almost 7 months and I have never driven one here. I do not want my first experience to be with a moving truck.
Talk to you all soon.
Tim
No comments:
Post a Comment